1. How We Collect and Use Personal Information
“Personal Information” means information about you as an identifiable individual, but does not include “Business Contact Information”. Personal Information includes your name, home address, home telephone number, and personal e-mail address.
“Business Contact Information” means: your business position, name or title, business address, business telephone number, business email address and business fax number.
At or before the time your Personal Information is collected through the Site or through its offered services, AP will identify how your Personal Information will be used or disclosed. Without limiting the foregoing, AP may collect your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Sharing Information. Your Personal Information may be collected from you and used by AP so that we can share information about AP, the Site, or the services with you.
- Service Analysis. When you use our Site, a cookie may be placed within the memory of your internet access device. A cookie is a small piece of information that a website can store via your internet access device for later retrieval. We may use permanent cookies or server-side artifacts to help us track use of our services by users, including casual visitors to the Site—such as (without limitation) the number and frequency of visits to our pages and which parts of our Site are visited. Similarly, we may also collect IP addresses of users who visit the Site, and use such information to evaluate Site performance and Service quality.
2. Our Disclosure of Personal Information
We will not sell, license, trade or rent your Personal Information. AP may disclose Personal Information if a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order legally requires or authorizes us to do so.
3. Retention of Personal Information
We routinely destroy Personal Information that is no longer required for the purposes described herein, in accordance with applicable laws.
4. Accuracy of Personal Information
AP takes reasonable steps to ensure that any Personal Information in our custody is accurate and up-to-date for the purposes for which the Personal Information is to be used by AP. In most instances, we rely on users of the Services to notify us of any changes to their Personal Information.
5. How We Protect Your Personal Information
AP uses reasonable and appropriate measures designed to help you secure your Personal Information against accidental or unlawful loss, access or disclosure. Only staff and service providers who have a legitimate business purpose for accessing the Personal Information collected by us are authorized to do so. Unauthorized use of Personal Information by anyone affiliated with AP is prohibited and constitutes grounds for disciplinary action.
6. Links to Third Party Sites
The use of our Services may lead you to third party websites. Those organizations are separate and distinct from AP, and have their own separate privacy policies. We are not responsible in any way for how any third party collects, uses or discloses your Personal Information, so it is important to familiarize yourself with the privacy policies of these websites before providing your Personal Information to them.
7. Individual Access
Upon written request to firstname.lastname@example.org you will be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of your Personal Information, and will be given access to that Personal Information. AP provides an opportunity for individuals to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the Personal Information and have it amended as appropriate.
8. Contacting Us
Last Revised: December 15th, 2014